Private Cadillac, Reformer & Pilates Apparatus Equipment Sessions with Gratz Classical Pilates Equipment
Art Museum Area/Fairmount:
Located between the Philadelphia Art Museum, Fairmount and historic Brewerytown neighborhoods, Classical private Pilates sessions are the most effective way to learn, practice and perfect Pilates performance. I devote undivided attention to
In a Private Pilates Session you will:
- Learn the basics of Classical Pilates
- Learn specific poses, exercises, or techniques to meet your particular needs
- Learn to practice more advanced poses safely
- Learn breathing techniques to bring energy, calmness, and balance to your practice
- Enhance your mind-body awareness
- Enhance your flexibility training program
Improve your posture
- Strengthen your muscular system including the abdominals and low back
- Improve your balance and stabilization skills
- Reduce your stress, tension, and anxiety
- Receive individual attention with private sessions
- Receive answers to your personal Pilates questions
Benefits of Classical Pilates:
- Strengthen and lengthen your muscles, simultaneously
- Mind-Body Connection
- An overall sense of well-being
- A strong Powerhouse
The 6 Key Principles of Pilates
The 6 Key Principles can be found in every exercise. In the beginning, you are learning to Concentrate on the movement, while maintaining your Center with Control. As you progress with strength and flexibility, you become more Precise in the movement which allows you to focus on Breath and in turn create Flow. When all of the Principles are used in sync, the movement is effective and efficient! Hence more endurance, flexibility, energy and much more.
Joseph Pilates believed doing less with more precision was beneficial to everyone. Why do 20 bad versions of an exercise rather than 10 or even 5 precise ones? When practiced with precision and quality, there is less opportunity for injury. There is no jarring impact on the joints, and your mind and body have a chance to work together.
The center of all of Pilates comes from the “POWERHOUSE”. The Powerhouse consists of all the abdominal muscles, your back, your bottom and into your inner/outer thighs. I like to think of it like wearing a seat-belt; I never drive without it because of safety. The Powerhouse works in the same way.
Let me design a personalized program for you to help you reach your health and fitness goals! Whether it be to get in better shape, lose weight or get ready for your wedding day! I specialize in body transformation with an emphasis on body sculpting, interval training combined with core work and improving your flexibility.
Interested in Pilates Classes at your workplace, corporate fitness center, condo gym or special group setting? The Pilates method of body conditioning is an exercise system focused on improving flexibility, strength and balance for the total body. It is a series of controlled and systematic movements coupled with focused breathing patterns engaging your body, mind