Interested in pilates classes at your workplace, corporate fitness center, condo gym, or special group setting?
What is Pilates?
The Pilates method of body conditioning is an exercise system focused on improving flexibility, strength,
The Pilates method of body conditioning yields numerous benefits such as strength, flexibility,
The Six Key Principles of the Pilates Method:
- Centering – The main focal point of the method. All the work starts
fromand is sustained through, the Center. Joseph Pilates called the Center the ‘Powerhouse’.
- Concentration – To fully benefit from the workout with the exercises are executed with focused concentration. It is the mind that guides the body. Five aspects of the mind are brought into the workout. Those aspects are intelligence, intuition, imagination, will
- Control – When the work is done from the center and with full concentration, you are in control of the movements performed. Habit (especially bad habit) and gravity do not take over. Joseph Pilates called his Method “Contrology”, the art of control.
- Precision – The exercises were designed with a precise goal in mind, and one must pay the utmost attention to details. All exercises have a clear structure, a precise form, and an optimal dynamic. Work with quality instead of quantity.
- Breath – All exercises are done with the rhythm of the breath and heart-beat. Inhale on the point of
effortto send fresh oxygen to the muscles when they most need it. Exhale, wringing all the stale air out of the lungs.
- Flow – The full workout is a flowing succession of exercises performed with vigorous dynamics. There is a minimum of movement, especially in the transitions, for
While doing Pilates keep these principals in mind. Incorporating all six principles into your workout is your ultimate goal to achieve maximum benefit and efficiency from your workout.
Contact us for more information.
Let me design a personalized program for you to help you reach your health and fitness goals! Whether it be to get in better shape, lose weight or get ready for your wedding day! I specialize in body transformation with an emphasis on body sculpting, interval training combined with core work and improving your flexibility.
Interested in Pilates Classes at your workplace, corporate fitness center, condo gym or special group setting? The Pilates method of body conditioning is an exercise system focused on improving flexibility, strength and balance for the total body. It is a series of controlled and systematic movements coupled with focused breathing patterns engaging your body, mind